Welcome to the WASPI West Lothian Group.
This group is affiliated to the Waspi (Women Against State Pension Injustice) Campaign 2018
We are a local group meeting in West Lothian. We encourage you to join us if you have been adversely affected by the lack of notice of changes to SPA
West Lothian Waspi group was initiated in 2016 and then reinstated as Waspi West Lothian in 2019. We cover the West Lothian area and have two Westminster MPs, with whom we are in regular contact as well as with MSPs, Local Councillors and West Lothian Council. We work very closely with the other Waspi groups across Scotland.
We aim to:
• Support the central WASPI campaign aims
• Work to persuade our MP(s) to support the WASPI cause
• Inform local women of the injustice of the changes to their pension ages in relation to both the 1995 and 2011 Pension Acts
• Provide local feedback to the central WASPI campaign
• Raise funds to support our local group activities
We call on the Government to agree fair and fast compensation for all women affected by the lack of notice regarding the State Pension age increases (1995 and 2011 Pensions Acts) to reflect their financial losses, the sustained damage to their mental health and well-being, and the additional impacts. We also call for the Government to act on the PHSO findings now to prevent any longer-term damage to WASPI women.
MP for the Livingston Constituency, Hannah Bardell, raises the WASPI question in House of Commons
EH54 0TU, Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland, United Kingdom
Copyright © 2023 WASPIScotland - All Rights Reserved.